What I want to share from my experiences is that love conquers everything.It is my hope that it will inspire the readers to open their hearts to the Divine. If we can try to understand that we all are equally part of the Divine and are here to achieve this greater Truth and to realise our Self - if we make this our goal and do everything with Love…then everything will be lovely and you will always be happy.

Love



Sri Swami Vishwananda











Monday, July 23, 2012

“Yes mind, listen, God is near me and I will listen only to what I feel inside my heart. I will listen only to what God wants from me”


There was once a devotee of Kali who lived around Dakshineshwar. It was not Ramakrishna. It was a priest, and his Love for the Divine Mother was  so  great that he would praise the Mother wherever he was. In his house there was no food, so he went and begged, but people refused to give him food. The Divine Mother disguised Herself as a fruit seller and went to his house where She gave some vegetables to the wife and said “Cook them. Your husband sent me here.” When the husband came back to their home, the wife said to him, “Oh, thank you for sending this lovely lady who brought some vegetables and some rice, but now, I don’t see her anymore and she went without saying "Bye". Later, when they opened the door of the temple, they saw that the clothes that the Lady had been wearing were now on the statue of Kali. Once this same man wanted to build a fence, but he needed some help. He called first his daughter, but she was far away. Suddenly he saw her coming and she was saying “Father, sing some songs for me” and in divine ecstasy he sang for the Divine Mother. As he was singing, he was in deep meditation with the Mother and he forgot about the fence, but the Divine Mother with Her shakti, with Her power, made everything right and disappeared. Later the daughter came and said “Father, you were calling me, what can I do for you?” The father said “But you were just here, right now. Before, you were just here, helping me!” Then he realised that it was not his daughter who had been there – it was the Divine Mother. Like that story, there are many stories in each of the saint’s lives. If each one of you became a saint, you would also have nice stories to tell. This is your aim to be, pray to God, tell Him “Yes, I want to become a saint” and ask for help. Ask the Divine Mother, ask God, ask Christ for help. They will help you. They are here all the time to help people to advance, to help all their children, all the brothers and sisters to reawaken the Divine qualities. That’s what they want that you all become, again, saintly. Say “Yes, I want to become a saint” and you will become! As long as you see sainthood far away, if you see that God is far away, you keep God away, but if you feel Him near to you and say to your mind “Yes mind, listen, God is near me and I will listen only to what I feel inside my heart. I will listen only to what God wants from me,” and clear this mind by chanting the name of God. Clear it by thinking positively, firstly about yourself and also about others around you. Like that, you will see that your heart will open up and this unconditional Love will also grow more and more. It’s like a river when it comes out from the source: it’s always small, but the more it advances towards the sea, what happens to it? It becomes larger and larger because on the way many rivers have joined together. On your spiritual path more and more streams of grace will join coming towards you and you will grow and grow. This is what you have to do – advance. Stop limiting yourself. Start saying “No” to your mind and make it positive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So beautiful. Thank you. And so, so true. So many times on the road, things like this happen. So many miracles of synchronicity, so many saints, so many masters...won't you bring me all the way? May I be a wishing Jewel, a Magic Vase, Powerful Mantras, Effective Medicine. May I be a Wish Fulfilling Tree and a Vessel of Plenty for All of the World.