What I want to share from my experiences is that love conquers everything.It is my hope that it will inspire the readers to open their hearts to the Divine. If we can try to understand that we all are equally part of the Divine and are here to achieve this greater Truth and to realise our Self - if we make this our goal and do everything with Love…then everything will be lovely and you will always be happy.

Love



Sri Swami Vishwananda











Saturday, January 21, 2012

Sri Swami Vishwananda tells us a story .....



It is said that Rama Himself didn´t know the power of His own Name. Once Rama was with Hanuman and all the monkeys and they tried to build a bridge between India and Sri Lanka. They did their best. They would go near the lake carrying big, big stones and they would throw them into the sea, thinking that it would fill up, and they could walk across. Every time that they did that, the stone would, of course, sink. Then Ram decided “Let me, also, go and put a stone.” So He went, took a stone and put it in the sea. He thought that if He put it in, it would float, but the moment the stone left His hand, it sank deep in the water. So He called Hanuman: “Hanuman, come here for one minute. You know, I don´t understand one thing. It is said that by singing my name the people will get liberation, but here, look, I can´t even make a stone float, because at the moment I put the stone on the water it sinks.” You know, Hanuman is considered as the Ocean of Wisdom, so He said to Rama “My Lord, with all my respect to You, I don´t want to offend You, but I will tell you something. It is not Your fault, because the point is, as long as the stone is in Your hand, the stone will float, it is in safety; but the moment the stone leaves Your hand, it will sink, of course!” That’s why, as a solution, Hanuman wrote on each stone the Name of Rama and so they floated.

No comments: