What I want to share from my experiences is that love conquers everything.It is my hope that it will inspire the readers to open their hearts to the Divine. If we can try to understand that we all are equally part of the Divine and are here to achieve this greater Truth and to realise our Self - if we make this our goal and do everything with Love…then everything will be lovely and you will always be happy.

Love



Sri Swami Vishwananda











Thursday, October 4, 2012

It’s about time to change one’s mind; the way we see things....




If you are all together, no one can do anything to you, but if one is against another, then nothing will work. In the Gospel, Christ showed also the ‘humbleness’ that we all have to have towards each other, the understanding towards each other, the Love towards each other. Love is there, but very often understanding is not there. So, this also the all-knowing Christ showed: that He knew everything that was happening and what would happen in advance, but he had also to fulfil what was written in the Scriptures; what God had talked to the prophets: He had to fulfil it. But there were expectations among the disciples of Jesus of how the Master would be: a lot of them were expecting Jesus to be a great Master, who would come and raise everything down and build up something new. If there is this kind of expectation among the disciples, and when it is not like that, they feel bad. That’s why Judas went and betrayed Christ. They expected “Oh, He will do this and He will do that”, but yet Jesus knew what His work was. He knew His duty. He knew for what reason He had incarnated and He did, according to His job. But yet the disciples didn’t know what their duty was. But yet they thought they knew, but when they realised their mistake, it was too late. Very often - it happens to everybody, actually, it was not only the disciples of Jesus, you know - but whenever you go to a Master, to a Teacher, in your mind you already expect certain things. You already create in your mind “Oh, you know, the Teacher will do this and this and that to me, He will tell me this and this and that to flatter me”. You already create it in your mind, but if in your mind you already have some expectations, then even if the Master would talk to you ten times, you would not hear anything. Easy example: last week, when I was travelling, they called me and somebody asked me something. For half an hour I explained to that person “Please, don’t do this!” But the person would not listen. What can you do? You can’t do anything, no? Pritala was enjoying it. He said: “Well, don’t worry. He will never listen, because look at the way he is talking, he will never listen to anything”. So: “OK - I said - look, I can’t do anything. I can just pray for you”. And the person did what I told the person not to do. And of course, the result was not what the person expected. But this is how it is, you know. People always think that they know better. But, if you know better, then why do you ask? If you don’t know, then you ask, then you can receive it. You can take the advice and accept it and change, but if you can’t, don’t ask! If you are not ready to change, don’t ask. What is the use of asking then? The same was with the disciples, even in 2000 years nothing has changed - the same betrayal, the same procedure. When I read this part of the Bible, the Gospel, and I look at my own life, it’s so similar. That’s why, while reading it, I was laughing about it, you know. Every year, when I read that, I laugh, because it is exactly that, you know. And people will not change, like I said, as long as they don’t want to change really, sincerely. As long as they don’t say to themselves “I really want to change - not to the Master, not to God, not to anyone, but to themselves - I want to change”, only then they will change. Then you will develop this power inside of you, where really you will change. Know one thing: the world is not the same. Twenty years ago and now is different. Two thousand years ago and now is different. And the next few years coming, it will be different. When we look at nature, Mother Nature is reacting in such a way that it’s not pleasing to see. But when we look at humans, the way they are reacting is even worse than unpleasing to see. It’s about time to change one’s mind; the way we see things. It’s about time to look at ourselves and say “What can I change? What am I willing to change?” And I said: “If you really want the Love of God” because many people put the tag, ‘I love God’, but really they don’t. They only want the quality of God. They want only to get and get and get from God, but they don’t really want to receive and manifest the Lord inside, the Divine within themselves. And I tell you: if one doesn’t want to change, Mother Nature will make them change. Sometimes, if they don’t want to change in a certain way, Nature reacts in another way - sometimes painful, but there is a change. So, with this Gospel, let us learn to become humble like Christ. Let us learn sincerely to love one another. Let us learn to be in unity with each another. Let us build one family. Like we say in Sanskrit: Vasudeva Kutumbakam, which means: “the whole world is one whole family”. And the peace can come firstly within you and through you to everybody, only when you are in unity together. When you work together with each another, you will be stronger. But if you work against the others, you will be the weak one.


No comments: