What I want to share from my experiences is that love conquers everything.It is my hope that it will inspire the readers to open their hearts to the Divine. If we can try to understand that we all are equally part of the Divine and are here to achieve this greater Truth and to realise our Self - if we make this our goal and do everything with Love…then everything will be lovely and you will always be happy.

Love



Sri Swami Vishwananda











Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Gayatri Mantra is considered to be one of the most powerful mantras......




There was once a man in 1500. He was begging. He was a Brahmin. He was begging everywhere. You see, in the Hindu tradition, Brahmins are considered to be high class and to beg is considered something very bad for a Brahmin. One day the king was passing by. King Akbar and his counsellor Birbau were passing by. When the king saw a Brahmin was begging, he was aghast, saying “Oh, he’s a Brahmin. He considers himself as a very high class person, how can he beg?” He pushed him away. Then Birbau was talking to the king and the king was talking very badly about the Brahmin. You see, King Akbar, he was a very good king, but he was always on a search. Birbau thought to himself “It’s not good for a Brahmin to be on the
road, so let me go and help him.” He went to the Brahmin and said to the Brahmin “I don’t want you to go begging, but do one thing for me. I want you to chant five Gayatri Mantras for me every day and for each Gayatri Mantra that you chant every day I will give you a gold coin.” The Brahmin agreed to it and said “Well, five gold coins for five Gayatri Mantras, which is so simple, is good.” Every day what would he do, he would chant five Gayatri Mantras for the Prime Minister of the king, so at the end of the month he would
get his money. After some time of chanting the Divine Names, chanting Gayatri Mantra five times, he would sit merged into the mantra and he would feel great peace inside of him just by chanting five Gayatris.
He felt this peace and he went into this peace inside of him. After some time the Prime Minister came to visit him and saw him radiating, changed. He said to him “From now on I would like you to chant 108 times
Gayatri Mantra every day. I will give you more gold coins. The Brahmin said “OK, yes, I can do that.” So he started chanting 108 times Gayatri Mantra. The more he would chant, the more he would be
in the quiet state. He thought to himself and one day he said “Well, this mantra, I’m chanting
it and it is giving me so much peace and so much quietness that I completely see the world differently.” So he started chanting it more and more and he stopped going to see the Prime Minister for the monthly payment.
One day while he was chanting, Gayatri Devi appeared in front of him and said “I’m very pleased with your devotion, but all this time that you have been chanting you have been paid for your chanting, but I would like now, that you stop. I will provide everything for you” and likewise, Gayatri Devi promised him that She would look after his family. So he surrendered completely inside of him. By himself he surrendered to the Divine Mother, to Gayatri Devi. This made the Prime Minister start to think “Where is this man?”
He decided to come to search for him. He came to the house of the priest, the Brahmin man, and there he saw that the Brahmin was sitting in a very peaceful way, radiating lots of light. Lots of people were around him. Lots of people just being in his presence would feel peace, would feel that their worries and problems disappeared. When he saw the Prime Minister, he arose from his seat and fell down at the feet of the Prime Minister and said “Well, because of you I have received the Grace of Gayatri Devi. Because of you I have
had Her darshan, and because of you I have changed. I am a different person now.” Then the Prime Minister said, “But why is it you don’t come and get your money? This was our agreement, no?” The Brahmin replied “Well, before I was chanting it because of money or to gain something from it, but now I am chanting it because it brings me great peace and great happiness and my whole life has changed.”
This is the power of the mantra. The Gayatri Mantra is considered to be one of the most powerful mantras, but any mantra has the power to change mankind. It depends not only on the mantra, it depends also on your will. When you will it, God graces you with the strength, but as long as you don’t will it, it won’t happen. The earlier it is, the better it will be. The earlier you change, everything around you will also change. Then you will realise that the real happiness is not outside there. It’s within you. You carry it all the time.  It’s up to you to vibrate it in a higher frequency or in a lower frequency. It’s like with a radio, if you want to listen to loud music, what do you have to do? You have to raise the volume. Then you will hear only the music. Probably it’s not only the music you will hear. But if you lower it completely onto the lower frequency, you will vibrate in that way. So the first step is up to you and the faster you take the step, the faster you will grow.

No comments: