What I want to share from my experiences is that love conquers everything.It is my hope that it will inspire the readers to open their hearts to the Divine. If we can try to understand that we all are equally part of the Divine and are here to achieve this greater Truth and to realise our Self - if we make this our goal and do everything with Love…then everything will be lovely and you will always be happy.

Love



Sri Swami Vishwananda











Saturday, March 19, 2011

Sri Swami Vishwananda talks about........


Once there was a doctor who took his job very seriously. And he was very satisfied whenever people came to him to get healed, he was very happy about it. But his happiness had always only a short duration, so he was always wondering “Why I can be happy, but yet, it lasts a very short while. You know about this kind of happiness, no? Then the doctor went to Ramakrishna, an Indian Saint who lived in the last century, and told him “Ramakrishnaji, tell me how you love. I feel this love, but it doesn’t last for long.” Ramakrishna answered to him “My dear doctor, I know that you help people, and that you feel this love, but know one thing: your love is based on how much you get as payment. So, go and help people. It’s not that you should not take money, take it, but once a week give free consultation. You will see that this love inside of you will grow more and more.” And, of course, the doctor practised what Ramakrishna told him. After a few months, he came back to Sri Ramakrishna and fell down at his feet, saying “My Lord, I have done what you have told me and I’m the most happy person. Now, I don’t do this selfless service only one time a week, but I do it two or three times a week!” That’s what I said: Love always sounds selfish. Firstly, you give to yourself then you always give it to the others. Then it becomes selfless, unconditional. Because as long as there is expectation in it, as long as there is want in it, there will always be limitation in it. So find this Love inside of you. Feel inside of you this Divine Love. Feel it in the plant kingdom and feel it in the animals. Then you will see that there is perfect unity, there is unity and that you can make, also, unity. But, firstly, you have to push yourself.

No comments: